Hot Tub Maintenance Tips
Everyone loves a hot tub – particularly Arctic Spas owners – but not everybody loves hot tub maintenance. Keeping your hot tub running well – which includes making sure everything’s OK when it’s not in use – is one of the most misunderstood aspects of hot tub ownership.
And we’re here to dispel some maintenance myths, namely:
- Proper hot tub maintenance requires 24/7 monitoring. This is one misconception that prevents many people from purchasing a hot tub, and it’s just not true. Well, it’s sort of correct – any rigorous maintenance schedule does require constant attention, but that attention doesn’t have to come from personal inspection. We’ll explain more later.
- Constant chemical additions are part of the deal. Dumping scoop after scoop of chemical cleaners into a hot tub isn’t necessary, assuming you have the right type of filters, cleaning system – and even the water itself – in place. Arctic Spas hot tubs and portable spas are designed to limit the amount of chemicals required to clean and maintain the water.
- Hot tub maintenance is a solo task. If there’s one falsehood about hot tub maintenance that’s 110% wrong, this is it. Too often, hot tub owners think that efficient hot tub maintenance can only be achieved alone. But with streamlined technological advances, smart offsite monitoring and other recent advancements, hot tub maintenance is anything but a one-person process!
These are just three of the most common hot tub maintenance myths. But enough about the maintenance myths…let’s get to some maintenance tips!
Hot Tub Maintenance Benefits & Tips
Arctic Spas hot tubs and portable spas allow anyone – anywhere, at any time – to enjoy a relaxing soak, whether they’re inside or outdoors. If you already own an Arctic Spas hot tub, you understand the immense advantages of its weather-ready, ultra-rugged, operate-anywhere design. And if you don’t, there might be just one thing holding you back – operating costs.
Our hot tubs and spas operate for about $1 per day, 365 days per year. What’s the most important aspect of keeping these operating expenses ultra-low? Maintenance. Without a sensible and sustainable maintenance plan in place, your hot tub’s efficiency would soon fall off – and daily hot tubs costs would soon skyrocket.
We’ve designed the world’s best hot tubs and spas, and we’ve also provided a great “supporting cast” of self-maintaining products and technology to enhance and augment hot tub performance. At the end of the day, a hot tub is only as good as its initial design and ongoing maintenance. With Arctic Spas, you get the best of both worlds – wherever you happen to be in the world!
Here are some maintenance tips you can try right away:
- Go for online monitoring. You can’t be everywhere at once (even though you always try). Hot tub maintenance is all about being on top of your tub’s current conditions and operating errors. With our OnSpa® connectivity, all of your hot tub’s critical performance attributes are right at your fingertips. No more guesswork – with OnSpa, you’re always in the know.
- Keep it covered. Outside elements can spell disaster for your hot tub’s interior space, including the water, filters, pumps and more. The Mylovac cover from Arctic Spas is the world’s most durable, weather-repellant cover on the market today. Structural integrity goes a long way toward ensuring a well-maintained hot tub.
- Try timetabling. Finding out when electricity usage ebbs and flows is important in reducing hot tub heating costs. Timetabling, a process where hot tub owners synchronize their hot tub motor and pump operation with to optimize local energy costs, isn’t just about saving money. It also helps your tub’s interior components run more efficiently and last longer – and in the end, that’s one of the best maintenance plans going!
- Have a Spa Boy on hand. We don’t mean a person – we’re talking about our revolutionary maintenance tool. Spa Boy allows you to perform routine maintenance on your hot tub or spa, wherever you happen to be – in the other room, across town or the other side of the world. Along with OnSpa connectivity, Spa Boy represents the most powerful, easy-to-use, cost effective maintenance solution in the world.
As you can see, Arctic Spas offers the complete package of quality hot tubs and spas with smart, supportive, super-simple maintenance tools. For more information about hot tub and portable spa maintenance, or to learn more about our advanced maintenance resources, visit an Arctic Spas store today.